Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mission...Accomplished!

I did it! I finished the 5K in Ardmore this morning in 30:35...and my goal was just to finish under 33. As a whole the family did great
Mom 31st woman 3rd in age bracket
Carrie 32nd woman 8th in age bracket (but only b/c she finished with Mom)
Me 69th woman 15th in age bracket (out of 54!)
Dad 51st male 5th in age bracket
Rob 44th male 8th in age bracket
Chad 81st male 13th in age bracket

So now? On to my next goals...under 30 minutes for a 5K and running a 10K. After that(as eventual goals)...an 8-minute mile pace for a 5K and a half marathon!

But how to get there? I'm starting with strength training this week. My sweet sister has put together a training plan for me for the next three months. I'm going to add in interval training once a week and increase my incline on my runs. I'd like to add in one more run each week or a longer bike ride with the family.

Speaking of which...we took the bikes and trailer to Grammy and Big Daddy's tonight instead of driving. Probably not the best idea after the run this morning, but I'm not going to turn down the chance for a little family exercise and outdoor time. Even if the pollen count is through the roof.

I am so proud of my mother...running a 5K to celebrate her 50th birthday and placing 3rd in her age division! She is truly and inspiration to me...and so is my Dad. He ran the same pace...and he's 54!

I am so proud of my sister. She is so strong, mentally and physically! She is working to accomplish her goals of being a personal trainer and a Zumba instructor. Actually, she accomplished that last one this weekend!

I am so proud of my brother. He jumped right in and ran the race with no training. And he was really hurting. But he finished with a great time! He and his wife are working to create a wonderful life for themselves and their little Gabby. So awesome to be able to share in just a little of it.

And I am so proud of my hubby. He is the one who suggested taking the bikes to the in-laws tonight. I know that exercise is not his favorite thing, but he knows how important it is to me. Important enough that he stayed home with a sick kid this morning so I could get my run in. I am so blessed and lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment