Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wannabe Hippie Chick

I'm pretty sure I could easily be a Hippie Chick...I'm not, but I could be. I made my own granola today. Tried it in the crockpot. Not so good. Switched to the oven...and delicious! Now I have yogurt started in the crockpot...hope it works out better than the granola, but I am really looking forward to a preservative-free, sugar-controlled parfait for breakfast in the morning. But I may have to go get some fresh blueberries tonight.

I've decided I want to cut out as much processed food as possible to monitor our preservative and sodium intake. We're really doing pretty good in this department, but I may try to make our own taco seasoning and seasoned salt soon. Eventually, we may try cutting out gluten. Sounds crazy for someone who doesn't have to, but I think it's something that is a problem for my crazy, messed-up body.

When I'm in this mode, I really wish I was a stay-at-home mom so I could do more from-scratch cooking. And right now, I'm a clutter kick, so I've been cleaning like crazy. At least it's spring break, so I'm not losing a ton of sleep while trying to get everything cleaned out and cleaned up. I know being a stay-at-home mom isn't a piece of cake, but at least I'd actually be here to try to clean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment