Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello again

It's been a while since I've been on here...life does that.

I'm in a happy homemaking kind of mood today...I want to cook yummy things, like Pioneer Woman's Berries and Sweet Cream or her Lazy Chile Rellenos (with added ground beef for a meal). I want to make healthy snacks for the kids...one has already eaten homemade banana bread, carrots, string cheese and fruit snacks...the other has had fruit snacks, shredded cheese and a granola bar. I want to have a clean house. Please note: I did not say I wanted to clean house...just that I want one. I want to spend time outside...but it is so blessed hot out there! But I might not mind a little sweat if I was swaying in a hammock in the shade.

So, the snacks I have in mind for the next few weeks:
Tortilla wraps (ham and cheese, cream cheese and fruit, peanut butter and apples)
Quesadillas (same as above)
Smoothies
Yogurt parfaits
Trail mix
Dippers or skewers (meat, cheese, veggies, bread)
Pita pockets
Wonton chips (both sweet and savory)
Mini pizzas
Veggies and fruit with dips

We're headed to the Farmers Market tomorrow and I can't wait! I want some zucchinni and squash and anything else that looks good...tomatoes, beans, fruit. I have to be careful not to get too much since I will be out of town next week, and I know it will just go to waste if I'm not here to fix it.

What is it about summer that makes me want to eat healthy and light? Is it the heat, the lazy days, or the swimsuit I have to wear? I'm in the mood for some lemons to add to my water as well...just light and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment