Friday, August 20, 2010

:)

Ahh...tonight's like tonight make me smile...well, actually, the earlier part of this evening did...not so sure about trying to get three kids to sleep in the floor of one said kid's room. However...off track. We took the kids, including the niece and nephew, to the local waterpark. I wasn't really looking forward to going and was starting to get a slight headache, but I wanted to take advantage of the last weekday before school starts and the free tickets we had. And I'm so glad we did. The kids were so excited and had so much fun. We spent most of the time in the kids' area and the lazy river, but we all loved it. The weather was great because we went after Hubby got off work. We didn't leave until almost 8 when the sun was starting to go down. We were even able to relax for a while and watch the kids play on their own. Of course, it helps to have a brother-in-law and an almost-grown niece who can help with the younger ones. I needed that kind of time.

I do not, however, need the battle we are having now at bedtime. We enjoyed a pizza picnic in the floor...but sleep is not coming as easily as those $5 pizzas do. It's temporary, I know. I am already so exhausted, and I'll be working again in my classroom tomorrow...yes, on a Saturday, to finish up everything for Monday.

Wow...just typing that made me sleepy...off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment