Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Amazing...and challenging

Sarah Beth is not adjusting to me being home for the summer. She keeps comparing everything to how her Grammy does it, which is rarely how I do it. It's a constant reminder that I'm not here every day during the school year. It sucks. We went to the library for story time today. That turned out bad. Ryan was cranky, but we managed to make it through the actual story time. However, when it came time to get in the elevator to go downstairs to look at books, Sarah Beth threw the biggest fit. I still am not sure why, but we had to leave it was so bad. The angry look in her eyes as I buckled her in was scary, to be honest. We'll try again in a couple of weeks, I guess, but I was really disappointed to not get any books to read today.

But, I am loving being home with Ryan right now. He is hitting his word explosion and is even putting together sentences..."I want more popcorn" (which actually sounds more like "I won mo popco") and "Where Daddy go?". Just precious. I'm really loving that part.

I had so many expectations for the summer, and I'm hoping I'm still able to see many of my ideas through, things like time for me to craft things for the Mission Hope Craft Show we're planning and field trips to the fire station and other places. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment